Friday, February 13, 2009

Getting To Know Poppy


This is an opportunity to get to know a little about the man behind Poppy's Scroll Saw Woodwork.

Learning about the artist allows people a deeper look at why the artist does what they do. When you learn more about the artist, you get the chance to discover what makes their work so special and important to the them.

What I did was conduct a short interview with Poppy.
This is just a brief interview. If you find that you want to know something more about Poppy, feel free to leave a comment and I will get the answer for you.

Interview With Poppy aka Drew.

1. Please tell us a little bit about yourself.

I served in the Marine Corp from 1969-1972 and am a Vietnem Vet. I then went into the U.S Navy where I was a submariner. I retired in 1991.

2. What are some of your interests ?

I like camping, fly fishing, and saltwater fishing. Also, my grandkids.

3. How did your interest in woodworking start ?

I saw a magazine on scroll saw woodwork and so I learned how to do it.

4. Why do you like doing scroll saw woodwork ?

I like the challenge that scroll saw woodwork brings. To me it is very relaxing and in general I like working with wood.

5. What are your most favorite pieces that you have done and why?

All of the pieces I have done are my favorite because I cut them out. I like talking to God when I am working on the woodwork because I know he is helping me.

This is just a way for you to get to know the man behind Poppy's Scroll Saw Woodwork. Make sure you check out the store and see all of Poppy's beautiful handmade scroll saw woodwork. We would also like to let everyone know that we can now ship internationally. Make sure that you look at the faqs page in the store for more details about this.

Coming soon, a closer look a the lady behind Grandma's Corner.

No comments:

Post a Comment